Sunday, February 28, 2010

It has been an eventful last couple of months!

Well, here I am finally updating this blog. I can't believe it took me this long to get to this. After my last post, things were hard for awhile. I was getting anxiety attacks, coupled with the general discomforts of pregnancy, and was emotionally and physically a wreck. Not sure how my husband tolerated me! My blood pressure slowly began to rise and during the first week of December I was sent to Labor and delivery after a routine Dr's appointment to be monitored. After spending several hours there, everything was fine, and I was sent home.

Approximately a week later, I was back in labor and delivery, was having extreme pelvic pain, and contractions. The decided it was from my pelvic bone separating and also being dehydrated. I was sent home again with pain medication. On December 14th, I was again set to the hopsital after a routine Dr's appointment due to my elevated blood pressure and possible preeclampsia I was kept for two nites, they discussed possibly delivering me the next day if my blood pressure did not go down. (I was almost 37 weeks at this point). It did however go down, and I was sent home the next day on Bedrest. My husband then had to take leave from his job to care for our toddler and me. The following Monday, I went back to my Dr for my routine appointment, and my blood pressure was 180/100, and she decided that I needed to go back to the hospital and scheduled me for delivery the next day.

I had a c-section the next day and gave birth to a beautiful 8lb 5oz, Baby Girl. We were released home on Christmas Day. The best present ever!

Unfortunately a week later, she started running a fever and we were sent back to the hospital, where she had to have a spinal tap, Blood work and an IV. She was admitted for three days for IV antibiotics. Her fever went down and we were released.

A week and a half later, she was inconsolable and began running a fever again. After taking her the Pediatrician, we were sent back to the hospital for suspected ear infections. After spending 10 hours in emergency, we were sent home with a diagnosis of a head cold.

She eventually improved. Unfortunately a few weeks later her brother came down with RSV which developed into pneumonia. She had seemed fine except for some minor congestion.

At her 2 month visit this past week, the Dr said she had some congestion in her lungs and did not want her to get her vaccinations until she was better. Last night she began running a fever again. We were sent back the emergency room again, where she was swabbed for RSV and her O2 levels were checked. They deemed her stable and sent us home to follow up with the Pediatrician tomorrow, and to get the RSV results.

So it has been a busy two months or so. It has been hard to get used to being a mom of two. Since we have spent so much time in the hospital and at the Drs. Hoping things settle down soon!

5 comments:

LuckyOnce said...

Congratulations on your new addition! I hope that she gets better soon. RSV can be really scary!

The Closet Therapist said...

I'm so glad you updated! I was threatening to take you off my bookmark list but was too curious to find out about your baby!

If you remember me, I had a miscarriage at about the same time as you and just found out I had a uterine septum. I had it removed by the RE and we will finally be able to start trying again! It's been a long almost 2 years!

Congratulations and I hope that all your babies stay healthy!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your baby girl! What did you name her?

Hua said...

Hey,

Congrats on your new addition to the family! Hopefully everyone is feeling a lot better now.

I found your blog while searching for heartfelt and helpful stories while on the way to Pregnancy. I think your personal story could help those looking for resources and support throughout their journey of pregnancy and parenthood. Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network (HBN) is comprised of 3,000 bloggers who support each other through 150 communities including fitness for moms, exercise, parenting and healthy eating.

For more information about joining, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com

Best,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks

Sakira said...

Your article is extraordinarily smart.I love to browse your diary's posts everyday and that i got vast facilitate from your blog and developed a replacement app what type of fruit is an apple you'll check.Thanks for wonderful diary.