Monday, August 3, 2009

So tomorrow is the day...

Tomorrow is the day of the "Big" ultrasound. And I have to admit I am pretty nervous. I have done alot of research, so I know what "markers" they will be looking for. I wanted to feel prepared for whatever is thrown at me, so I know what questions to ask. My husband does not understand this, but it makes me feel I little more controlled in a situation that is completely out of my control. I just want this baby to be healthy.

It is also a bit exciting finding out what the baby is too. That is, if the baby cooperates. I have gone back and forth a bit on whether I wanted to find out the sex or not. In the end I feel that I do want to know because I think it will help me bond with this baby and will make the pregnancy seem more real to me.

I still feel at times in a state of disbelief. Not really fully believing that there will be a baby in December. Though this may be natural protection mechanism after all that I have been through, I worry that it will hinder me being able to bond with this baby.

I will update tomorrow night. Thanks for all the prayers and support.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

Congrats on making it this far. Praying for a good day for you tomorrow.

Paula Keller said...

That's awesome! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I dont think the sex of a child determines how much or not you bond with the child?? Just my opinion...either way Good luck tomorrow! Praying all will be well!

Tracy said...

Anonymous- I don't think its the actual sex of the baby that determines how well you bond, but I think *knowing* the sex can help you bond. By calling it "he" or "she" instead of "it."

Good luck today!

cheryllookingforward said...

Good luck today!